|Return of Callisto|
|Series:||Xena: Warrior Princess (1995)|
|Broadcast:||October 28, 1996|
|Previous Story:||Girls Just Wanna Have Fun|
Callisto, the fierce woman warrior who has vowed revenge on Xena for the death of her family, manages to escape a brutal Mycenaean prison through her awesome strength and cunning, leaving a string of murdered guards in her wake.
Soon they come upon Callisto sacking a village. Xena draws her sword and starts to advance on her enemy, but Callisto distracts her by hurling a dagger at an innocent young girl, whom Xena rescues at the last minute. As Callisto makes her escape, she promises to destroy Xena's soul before ultimately taking her life. In the aftermath of the brutal raid, Perdicas renounces fighting forever and Gabrielle decides to accept his proposal and return home with him.
As Xena sings a sad funeral dirge over Perdicas' blazing funeral pyre, a grief-stricken Gabrielle vows to kill Callisto. Xena urges her friend not to allow Callisto to turn her heart into a cauldron of hate, but her words have no effect. Finally, at Gabrielle's insistence, Xena agrees to teach her some basic sword techniques. That night, they sneak up on the stronghold, where the evil one and her men are in the midst of a party.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Callisto: I say before I kill you I'm going to make you squel like a pig, You fat pathetic piece of dung.
- Callisto : Here piggie piggie piggie
- Callisto: "Love is a trick that nature plays to get us to reproduce."
- Xena : If anyone's listening, You know i'm not much for praying but I don't know what else to do, I was ready to give up once then Gabrielle came into my life Please don't let that light that shines off her face go out I couldnt stand the darkness that would follow.
- Lucy Lawless as Xena
- Renée O'Connor as Gabrielle
- Hudson Leick as Callisto
- Ted Raimi as Joxer
- Scott Garrison as Perdicus
- David Te Rare as Theodorus
Background information and notes Edit
- In the DVD version, the episode is dedicated the memory of Michelle Calvert "...We're thinking of you."
Continuity and mistakes Edit
- During the chariot race in some of the shots you can see tyre marks in the sand from cars. There are also inconsistency with wheel tracks on the sand between shots, either from previous takes or from where Callisto and her army came through previously, in one shot the sand is untouched yet in the next there will be track marks all over the sand.
- The long shot directly after Xena's right wheel of her chariot has come off clearly shows the wheel in tact.
- Although Xena finally conquered her dark nemesis Callisto, it took her weeks to get the sand out of her leather unmentionables.