|Is There A Doctor In The House?|
|Series:||Xena: Warrior Princess (1995)|
|Broadcast:||June 29, 1996|
|Previous Story:||Death Mask|
|Following Story:||Orphan of War|
Caught in the middle of a fierce war, Xena and Gabrielle aid the wounded inhabitants of a healing temple, Then things take a turn for the worse.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Xena: How are you doing?
- Ephiny: Good, I'm so tired and my soul feels like it's been sliced by a razor
- Xena: Ephiny, I know Phanties is gone but what you and he created is within you ready to come out into the world, you have to go on.
- Gabrielle: Your not alone your friends and your family are here with you.
- Ephiny: Hmm, Family?
- Gabrielle: Hey, I'm your sister Amazon remember?
- Ephiny: They gave you the right of cast.
- Gabrielle: Me and Xena will take care of you.
- Lucy Lawless as Xena
- Renée O'Connor as Gabrielle
- Danielle Cormack as Ephiny
- Ray Woolf as Marmax
- Tony Billy as Mitoan Warrior
- Andrew Binns as Hippocrates
- Harriet Crampton as Hysterical Woman
- Simon Farthing as Democritus
- Geoff Houtman as Gangrene Man
- Paul McLaren as POW Leader
- Adam Middleton as Blind Soldier
- Charles Pierard as Thessalian Guard
- Ron Smith as Galen
- Deane Vipond as Head Wound Man
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was initially held back due to television censors. The scenes that were trimmed were cut due to the more graphic aspects of the episode. An example was a scene in which Xena cauterized the man's leg after it was amputated.
Continuity and mistakes Edit
- When Gabrielle dies her spirit goes to the Elysian Fields, despite having been inducted as an Amazon in Hooves and Harlots.
- Being that war is hell, lots of people were harmed during the production of this motion picture (but since television is a dramatic medium of make believe, all casualties removed their prosthetic make-up and went home unscathed).