|Antony and Cleopatra|
|Series:||Xena: Warrior Princess (1995)|
|Broadcast:||10 May 1999|
|Previous Story:||Kindred Spirits|
|Following Story:||Looking Death in the Eye|
When Cleopatra is murdered, Xena poses as the Queen of Egypt in order to find out the identity of the killer, while romancing Marc Antony. However, the plan is threatened when Xena seems to fall for Antony and Brutus suddenly appears, forcing Xena and Gabrielle to turn to an ambitious Roman general named Octavius for help.
Memorable quotes Edit
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode had the working title Love and Death in Alexandria.
Continuity and mistakes Edit
- Where did the plug for democracy come from at the end of the show? Xena says that Cleopatra "died in the hope that the Egyptian people might, for the first time, choose their next great leader." Where is Xena getting her information?
- The Gods are out to kill Eve as they believe she spells their doom. So is it really safe for Xena and Gabrielle to leave Eve with Xena's mother for this episode? At least Xena can fight them off!
- Cleopatra was not black. [As she appeared in ‘The King of Assassins’ ] She wasn't even Egyptian. She is a descendant from Ptolemy the 1st who was from Greece. When Egypt was over taken during the time of Alexander the Great they took on the Egyptian custom of marring into the family. So Cleopatra is believed to have little to no Egyptian blood in her and thought to be white with blonde hair and green eyes.
- Xena and Hercules never agreed on what time period Egypt was in. This is the second Xena episode with Cleopatra, but in between these was the Hercules episode "City of the Dead" in which Nefertiti was queen. Nefertiti, of course, existed long before Cleopatra, in the 13th century BCE.